- Americans get their opinions from television, and younger ones rely more on Internet but use the same sources.
- Any image can supply only a tiny fraction of a larger whole.
- The voices that accompany images are authoritative sounding, and encourage us to imagine all that we cannot see.
- So in essence, we see perhaps less than 1%, and imagine the other 99%.
- So the key to opinion management is to influence our imaginations to fill in the other 99% as our leaders want it filled in.
- That’s easy. It’s done via suggestion.
So, they showed you a guy in a wheel chair with his legs missing. Fill in the blanks! You did. It never occurred to you to question the photo, because it was right there on your screen.
That’s how it’s done. That’s why public opinion does not matter in our society. It’s easily managed.