I often turn to Huffington Post after reading about world news at Sputnik International. The former is an American state-controlled media source, and is lushly financed. It probably devotes 80% of its content to celebrity gossip and human interest, the only way to hold an American audience.
Sputnik International is a either a Russian state-controlled media source, or a CIA front. It is a 90% news outlet, and is a good counterbalance to American propaganda.
It could be that between the two I am really only getting the view of the world Langley wants me to have, controlled opposition being its specialty. It is therefore useful to go to sources that contain a wide variety of views and links, and some of those are listed on the right here – Voltaire, Moon of Alabama, and Vineyard of the Saker. Those sites are not destinations but rather portals to more and better information via links. Use of one’s own brain is always required, and it s not easy to know in a cacophony of voices whose is to be listened to.
Generally, most Americans are fed a steady diet of heavily filtered and often false news, but since they don’t think for themselves or look elsewhere and prefer to have news fall in their lap without intelligent effort, they are like prisoners in an information concentration camp. Pogie calls that using only trusted sources.
Here are two news items that Americans will not know about:
- One, the Russian Defense Ministry presented its case with video evidence that Turkey is aiding and abetting Daesh in marketing oil. Western-backed terrorists in Syria go by many names – al Qaeda, ISIS/ISIL, Islamic State, al Nusra, Daesh … most drive new Toyota’s and have padded expense accounts and access to sophisticated weaponry. Russia has attacked the oil transportation line, which is what led Turkey, probably on NATO’s orders, to shoot down a Russian jet, sending a warning and rupturing Turkish/Russian economic ties. Turkey is merely a conduit for the US and NATO.
- Turkey has invaded Iraq, sending as many as 9oo fully equipped soldiers with full armaments into Kurdish provinces on the border. Iraq is threatening to take the matter to the Security Council, Turkey is claiming that Iraq invited them to invade. More likely, Turkey was ordered to invade by the US and NATO.
Meanwhile, at Huffington, I read of Obama’s caution in urging Americans not to rise to the bait. It is an interesting stance, as he, with an intelligence background prior to assuming office, would intuitively know that the San Bernardino attack was a false flag operation. Possibilities:
- One, he is just reading his lines, and does not know the facts on the ground;
- Two, he’s providing political cover while preparations for an attack on Syria are underway;
- Or three, there is a split among US policy makers, with wild men in the wings wanting to go postal on Syria, while more restrained elements want the country to die slowly, falling in the lap like a ripened apple after ungodly Western terrorism.
In any case, Russia appears to be a counterbalancing force to American madness, but then again, that could be only a stage play.
Keep an eye out.