Jared Leto is … do I even have to say it?

Some time last summer, not having a clue who Jared Leto is, I learned that he both starred in movies and played in the band Thirty Seconds to Mars. Right away I put him on the list of possible twins, and have only now gotten to investigating the matter. After all, who has got time to be both a movie and rock star at once? Elvis you say? Think again.

Each of these sets of twins we encounter presents a new dynamic. For instance, I initially gave up on the idea that Leto was a twin because all ten random photos I pulled off the Internet matched up except the one where he plays the transvestite Rayon in Dallas Buyers’ Club. And for that, as heavily made up as he was, I assumed that there was photographic monkey business to make him look less like himself.

I thought it odd however, and so pulled down his photos from four other movies, and got the same result. The Leto characters from the movies were a closed set, matching each other well, but none of them matched the Leto who plays in the band and poses for many of the photographs in public. It seems the movie twin is somewhat hidden away.

Here they are, side by side. leto-twins-side-by-side Rock star Leto on the left has a longer nose and lower ears (which cannot be compared in these photos). The nose is 19 pixels shorter on movie star Leto on the right. The ears are about 14 pixels longer on him too, take my word. That’s really about it, but those differences are pronounced, as we will see later. (I used these photos because they both went for the Jesus Christ look, part of the cover to prevent us from discovering there are two of them.)

Here is a line up of five of Rock Star Leto:

1-leto-side-by-side

And here is a lineup of movie star Leto:

2-leto-side-by-side

Left to right, he is Mark David Chapman (also a twin) in Chapter 27, Nemo in Mr. Nobody, Harry Goldfarb in Requiem for a Dream, The Joker in Suicide Squad and then again in a movie short, The Purple Lamborghini.

leto-bsaLeto won an Oscar for Best Supporting Oscar for his performance in Dallas Buyers’ Club – Hollywood just loves it when an actor reaches deep into himself to find his inner woman. I was very curious if it was the rock star or the movie star who accepted the award. This is a screen grab to the left here of him giving his acceptance speech. Any guesses?

(It is the same photo as shown above in the Jesus Christ comparison. It was the movie star. He accepted his own award.)

Here, finally, is a face chop – I am using the two that are shown side by side above. I made it a point to align the eyes, and the difference become apparent in alignment of the nose. The lips are also slightly misaligned, and the ears would be as well if we could see them.

leto-face-chop

We welcome Jared Leto into our crowded Honor Roll of Twins. Usually we find one to be the public person, the other to be the talented one. In this case, they each have chops. (I say that having seen none of the movies from which I grabbed photos. I just assume he is good at his job.) (Now that I think of it, I have never heard Thirty Seconds to Mars play either. I am making assumptions right and left.)

This entry was posted in American wilderness, Twins and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Jared Leto is … do I even have to say it?

1. daddieuhoh says:

Nice detective work. The two rows of twin A and B really show the different ear alignment. The top of the Movie Star’s ears seem to start at the pupil line, whereas the Rock Star’s ear start a little bit higher. Also the shorter, rounder face vs. the longer, thinner face becomes very apparent.

I saw Requiem for a Dream years ago. I don’t think I’ve ever been more emotionally punched in the gut by a movie like that — it was one of the most depressing movies ever. I never made the connection that Jared Leto played the lead in that.

• This is my problem with movies … yeah, they cannot all be syrupy and lovey, but it seems ten out of ten go out of their way to depress us, show us the dark side if human affairs, and the kinky side too. That’s why I asked for uplifting movies to place in the list on the right. They are a rarity.

Anyway, Leto was an easy find. I am on a quest now to find a major star that is not a twin.

2. Brandon says:

I remember Jared Leto from the 90’s High School drama, My So-Called Life. Really a well done show.
    I remember the Leto character had a couple of scenes where he played the guitar and sang, too.
    I just took a few moments to look at some pictures, and I think it’s “movie” Jared… but I’m not sure. It was 22 years ago, and it’s difficult for me to compare to the current pictures of him.

• We are surprised now when we learn someone famous is not a twin.

We have wondered about where they go to school … whether they are separated at birth or raised in some kind of factory farm setting. It’s gotten kind of weird, but we don’t make stuff up. We just detail what we find. That does not mean we understand it.

3. tyronemccloskey says:

Seems like actor/musician/restaurateur Johnny Depp would seem a dead set up giveaway for twinhood-

• He was an easy one to find. I spotted him a few months ago we just never got around to confirming.

In his case, I think he was replaced completely by a creepier, less talented brother. The good looking one from Pirates of the Caribbean is no longer around. Now the other brother is heavier and involved in the recent Amber Heard fake domestic violence drama. Goal being to turn male “sex symbols” into creeps, just like we saw with Brad Pitt last month and the “child abuse” and cheating stories.

• I trust you’ll write this up some time?

4. At the blog linked below there is a very interesting post – Donald Trump’s uncle was a professor of engineering at MIT, and was called upon to evaluate the work of Tesla after his death. I don’t post there as I am not welcome, but would remind them that everyone who attains fame and wealth in this land is of certain bloodlines, so that relatives popping up in history should be no surprise.

5. dizzydezy says:

Jared Leto owns “lookout mountain” in Laurel canyon. It bought it a few years back for 5mill if I remember right.

6. L says:

Tf? Boi ain’t no twin.

7. Ash says:

Wtf? He’s not a twin. He’s just an amazing person who can be both a rockstar and an actor.

• daddieuhoh says:

I love how L and Ash just ignore the evidence and insist that their eyes are lying to them. We need a third chimpanzee to comment so we can complete the trio:

8. Do you understand most of these posts involve multiple human cloning examples?

• daddieuhoh says:

All we can say is that they appear to be twins. We don’t know if they are cloning or how, but we have several theories about it, one of which I’ll be posting on in the upcoming weeks.