Just a little more about the election outcome, and then back to business. As I see it, the writers and commenters here at this blog are the happiest people in the country, as we knew not the outcome of the election, but only that it did not matter. In our current system we have no idea of how many people vote or who they vote for. But first some background.
Our leaders do not think we are capable of self-governance. The republican form of government has always been distrusted. So throughout history they have monkeyed with elections to assure that the ‘right’ people get elected.
So self-rule has always been, largely, an illusion. Voting is a palliative, perhaps even a placebo. Election outcomes are under oligarchical control. Let me count the ways …
- Control the choices: Last night’s choice, Trump and Clinton, was no choice at all, as each candidate was appointed to run and scripted throughout the race. Neither were new or different or willing to buck real power. They were empty vessels, just reading their lines. That’s normally the case for any high office. They must check their souls at the door.
- Lead the opposition: The oligarchy cannot keep popular movements from arising, but they can and do get their own people get out to lead them. Thus did FDR take the helm during a time when labor was strong. He was used to limit labor’s power and plunged us into war. Both Robert F. Kennedy and Eugene McCarthy in were used 1968 to keep control of a real antiwar movement. Here’s a key to identifying false leaders: We know their names. Ask yourself why we know about Julian Assange, Michael Moore, Edward Snowden … why was Bernie Sanders allowed to gain such traction? It is because they are fakes.
- Rig the vote: This is far more common in our history than known. 1948 and 1960 are poster children for use of the mob to determine the outcome of an election, but I’ve no doubt muscle has been used from the beginning. In addition, 1980 and 1988, 2000 and 2004 were all rigged, as I see it – I just cannot fathom that anyone named “Bush” has ever won an election for real.
- Run interference: Third party candidates do not make a difference unless allowed to do so. If they can be used to advantage by the major parties, then they will have an impact. Teddy Roosevelt’s Bull Moose run assured the election of JP Morgan’s man Woodrow Wilson in 1912, and H. Ross Perot and the American Independence party the same for Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996. These “movements” are only used when needed to elevate an otherwise unelectable minority candidate to power. (Bill Clinton, like the Bush’s, never legitimately won an election.)
- Rig the vote count: If they can control the count, they need not worry about the outcome. Thus 2000 and Bush vs Gore.
The year 2000 was a watershed. The fake controversy in Florida between Bush and Gore had another purpose besides determining the winner of the election. After all, Dade County elections have been rigged at least since the early 1970s when the Collier brothers wrote their book Votescam. If the real object of that spectacle was to steal the election for Bush, it could have been done easily and quietly. Instead, we had a huge public spectacle. Why?
The Bush/Gore affair assured passage of HAVA, or Help America Vote Act. That law brought in the era of electronic voting machines, now used in every state. These machines, black boxes that are easily hacked and basically unauditable, can change the outcome of any election.
With black boxes any election can be rigged anytime. Since that is the case, there is now no need to count votes. Therefore, it is easy to see that votes are not counted.
Last night’s election was a sham. We have no idea how many people voted, or who they voted for. I am therefore proud that I did not vote.