My stepson showed me this video at lunch yesterday, and I just howled. It is Robin Ventura being hit by a pitch and then charging the mound. The pitcher was Nolan Ryan.
Some things you just don’t do:
- You do not pull a wolf’s ears.
- You do not play peek-a-boo with a young child on a long plane flight.
- You do not ask the dizty blonde sitting next to you on a plane or train to keep her thoughts to herself.
- You do not look into an alligator’s mouth.
- You do not walk up behind a horse and startle him.
And you do not charge the mound when Nolan Ryan is pitching.
On closer inspection, the whole thing looks fake. Ventura did a low tackle on Ryan, but not hard, allowing Ryan to put him in a headlock and fake-hit him. The rest is all baseball fighting, no punches land. A trainer has blood running down the eye, but that could easily have been done off-camera.
Our conversation centered around this:
Roughned Odor nailed Juan Batista, and it looks real unless they had a wire attached to his glasses. This might have been a real fight.