It has been noted here and at other places that the goals and objectives of the Climate Change hoaxers were identical to that of Covid-19, an anti-humanity bushel basket full of lies and scaremongering. One thing absent from the Climate Change workbook, as with Covid-19, is actual current science. It is all based on wild and wacky predictions about the future, with nothing in the present to bear out those predictions. As with Covid, it is all junk.
The above video is mercifully short, only six minutes, and lists ten predictions made by climate “scientists” for the year 2020. If you don’t want to watch it, read about those predictions versus reality beneath the fold.
- 1978: Prediction for 2020 that CO2 in the atmosphere will have doubled by now. It is up by a third, and no harm is happening as a result.
- 1986: Florida by 2020 will endure a two-foot rise in sea level, with coastal cities underwater. Sea level around Florida is up by three inches, much of that attributable to land subsidence.
- 1987: James Hansen of NASA predicted that by 2020 the world would be three degrees warmer. There’s quite few ways to measure this, but all show much less warming than Hansen predicted. My own state, Colorado, during this time (according to NOAA) has experienced warming of about 4/10 of a degree, not even out of line with the natural warming that has been going on since the planet emerged from the Little Ice Age.
- In 2000 Dr. David Viner of East Anglia, the central source of so much climate disinformation, predicted that by 2020 British children would never witness snowfall. Currently Wales and eastward and north to Scotland is currently covered with something … white.
- 2000 Greenpeace predicted that Melanesia islands like Fiji, Vanuatu, Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, New Guinea. would be devastated and endure 15-20% economic shrinkage due to Climate Change and rising seas. This prediction actually came true, but only if you substitute the word “expansion” for “shrinkage.” Prior to Covid, these islands were thriving. (Climate Change and Covid are both centered around economic devastation. There was too damned much prosperity going on.)
- 2004: By 2020 major European cities would be under water. I am not allowed to fly to Europe anymore, but last I was there, 2019, cities were still there, and dry. Even Venice.
- 2007: By 2020 the snows of Kilimanjaro would be gone. Still there.
- 2008: Glaciers in Glacier national Park would be gone. Still there.
- 2009: China promised to reduce emissions by 45% by 2020 (up by 85%) and India by 25% (up 50%).
- 2013: Arctic ice would be gone by 2020. Last September, the warmest time of year up there, there were 4,000,000 square miles of ice.
President John F. Kennedy, at times a witty man, complained about the bad advice he was getting from his economic advisers, saying he was left holding the bag while the advisers “moved on to new advice.” There is no downside in Climate Change for wacky, wrong, and even stupidly wrong predictions, as with David Viner above, the end of snow. He is now an adviser to Mott MacDonald (a global engineering, management and development consultancy). His career path is tilted upward. There is no fail in Climate science.
So it goes on planet Earth. There is far more bad science going on than good, far more corrupt scientists than honest ones. Just follow the money, you see. Scientists operate for the most part on government grants. If you are smart and honest, bursting with integrity and searching for truth, there will be no money available. It’s Ubers all the way down.
Such a corrupt place.