Talking Conspiracy with Family & Friends

xmasconspiracy

So it’s Turkey Day in the US of A. Which means many of us will be spending a lot of time today and the next few weeks with family and friends. Some of us might even be brave enough to bring up some conspiracy topic: 9/11, sports, secret celebrity twins. Inevitably we will be dismissed. So I’m posting this to jump start a conversation about effective ways to talk about conspiracies with friends and family.

Conspiracy theorists often complain about the problem of overcoming cognitive dissonance — it’s emotionally difficult and even distressing for people to seriously consider conspiracies because it contradicts so much of our dearly held beliefs about how the world works. That’s tough to deal with. I suppose you could always tell someone that “As Aristotle said, ‘It’s the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.'” But then you run the risk of sounding crazy and pompous.

But cognitive dissonance usually presents itself in the form of a dismissive question. Like, “How could that happen? Too many people would have to be involved — somebody would have said something by now.” For ideas about how to answer to that one, see this post.

Another way that people dismiss conspiracies is by finding some flaw in the theory. They are always more concerned about the ‘why’ than the ‘what.’ My favorite go-to when broaching the subject is WTC Building 7, which to me is as close as we’ll ever get to smoking gun evidence (it was also the thing that pushed me over the edge into accepting 9/11 as a false flag — though at the time I didn’t realize just how false it was). But I find that people aren’t too interested in the facts and the evidence. They very quickly get to the question “why?” And in my experience they will generally find any answer unconvincing. If you say, “well they wanted it as a pretext to go to war” or “launch a war on terrorism,” they might say, “well then why did they have Saudis pilot the planes? Shouldn’t they have put Afghans or Iraqis on the plane? It doesn’t make any sense. I don’t buy it.”

At this point, it’s not wise at to float the idea that there weren’t any planes. Gotta take baby steps. I will usually say something like: “You’re asking questions in the wrong order. First you’ve got to look at the evidence. Then you can try to build a theory about why they did it. Think about it this way: imagine you find a dead body in the middle of the woods. You want to determine the cause of death. You look at the body and find that the hands are tied behind the back, feet are bound, and there is a gun shot through the back of the head. But you say, ‘Well, I can’t imagine why anyone would want to kill this person, so it must have been a suicide.’ No, you have to do it the other way around: look at the evidence and then try to construct a theory. And if your theory about why it was done or who did aren’t correct, that doesn’t mean it was suicide. Don’t put the cart before the horse. The evidence is clear, and you have to look at it first. I was just as incredulous as you until I decided to look at the evidence.”

Now when people ask me “why?”  my answer is that we don’t know and we can’t really know why. Some theories are x, y and z. But the evidence is clear that what we’re told isn’t true.

I’v noticed that TPTB will often try to attach conspiracies with explanations that sound implausible to people. This is on purpose, because it the explanation sounds implausible, people will ignore the evidence. Sandy Hook was like that with me. Before I got into conspiracies, I heard people saying that Obama hoaxed Sandy Hook to promote gun control. “Well, if that’s true, they certainly aren’t getting what they wanted.” As a left-wing guy, it was also easy to dismiss it as a right-wing conspiracy. But I didn’t realize at the time that I was doing things in the wrong order. First the what. Then the why. The evidence for the Sandy Hook hoax is overwhelming. Theories about why are just that: theories. I like to distinguish between conspiracy fact and conspiracy theory. By the way, this article contains an interesting theory about Sandy Hook.

OK, that’s it for me. Curious to hear other people’s advice in the comments about how to talk with friends and family. Enjoy your Thanksgiving, everyone!

This entry was posted in Afghanistan, Critcal thinking and skepticism, False flaggery, Musings, Perception management, Pursuit of truth. Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to Talking Conspiracy with Family & Friends

1. lux says:

My answer:
    “Just because you don’t know why someone did something doesn’t mean they didn’t do it.”

2. renaissauce says:

Thanks for this post.

I’ve long thought over and struggled with trying to broach these topics with friends and family. Although I would say I made pretty good progress over the years (Trust in government is at an all time low and only the most gullible take the media at its full word anymore) it still feels like a hard war of attrition. A few things I’ve picked up over the years though:

Most truth seekers start off by trying to argue the facts and logic first. The problem is the vast majority of people don’t think this way. People think emotionally and they decided on and accepted the mainstream narrative of things since that’s all that is usually only type of argument presented to us, with all its pitfalls of course. Neither did I accept the facts of this manufactured reality until my emotional resistance to the idea was already weakened (the facts or the truth is always there rest assured, just hidden and unable to be perceived). Cognitive dissonance is hard on the mind and people are going to be defensive (and rationally so) when they perceive you are toying with their worldview. The TPTB know this and know most truth seekers blow themselves up not understanding human nature fully and on the minefields they created. It takes best map we can possibly make to navigate this hologram culture.

Doesn’t mean it can’t be done, but you have to be relentless (but gentle) and stick to your guns, since they can out-promote the truth with ease. Like you said its dangerous to have the theory before you have the facts, but fortunately for us the facts are piling up at an ever increasing rate.

Forming solid relationships with other people is actually the recipe for success I believe. This is about trust more than anything else. Yes they have far more reach, sexier magic shows, and all society’s institutions at their fingertips, but they can never form real relationships with real people. Hence this is why I think this gender bending psy-op has been put into override in the past year. They know that when people start talking among themselves that is the first step to real resistance to the governors, so they invented 37 different genders (and counting) to keep the left-minded folks perpetually confused (For the right (or alt-right) they are still using the Marxist boogeyman it seems).

Mile’s Gurus paper is one of my favorites and he speaks a lot of truth there. The part about them running the show like a pro football team.. I believe he got that from Col. Fletcher Prouty’s Secret Team interviews which can be viewed on Youtube. Like all spooks he misdirects you a bit (like JFK, Bay of Pigs, etc.) but also lets on a lot of truth. There he also speaks of how the spooks run it just like a pro football team. This is also a good introductory video to show to folks into this topic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQeXOcIZVs

3. Russell or some one or more than one person has said “Those who were not reasoned in cannot be reasoned out.” Ellul wrote of people needing their propaganda, as it keeps them safe. When it is taken away from them (so easily seeing that Sandy Hook was faked, for instance) they are not enlightened, but rather frightened. They start grasping at straws, engaging in ridicule, or avoiding the argument in total and choosing cognitive dissonance over pursuit of truth.

I know the feeling, as I first felt it many years ago in reading The Fish is Red, itself propaganda, but further up the mountain, as Miles said. In it I learned that regarding a certain unimportant incident that the Cubans were telling the world the truth, and the State Department was lying. The important thing was the feeling in my gut, “My God, they’ve been lying to me all these years.” It was as if I just learned that my spouse had betrayed me or my son was a serial killer, and that the evidence was strewn all about, and the fog had just lifted. It was frightening, disconcerting, but shortly thereafter I realized that Communism was a hoax and no threat to anyone, and I felt joy and elation. A dark cloud lifted, and I had my first dose of real freedom. That has been 27 years ago.

• renaissauce says:

I agree about that feeling of elation and freedom after coming to the realization that it’s all just a manufactured mess meant to control us. I think it’s also a matter of people knowing (or subconciously knowing) their worldview isn’t really based on hard evidence or their own pursuit of knowledge, so they get defensive in a knee-jerk emotional response. I wouldn’t say all I’m entirely free from bias and opinion without much evidence either. I mean I still struggle with all this fake reality sometimes, and yes they can still off independent researchers at any time if they felt like they needed to, but I think they understand that is not in their long term interests to show the hidden hand.

Hell I’ve only been studying fake-ology (or whatever we call this lol) for about a year and it’s been a wild ride.

Today, I will introduce the fake presidential “Turkey Pardon” to my guests. Gently as possible. It’s a great demonstration of “year zero” propaganda. What happened to all those turkeys from Thanksgivings past? Why don’t we ever see them again, grazing care-free in some super-cool turkey retirement community? We could be eating last year’s pardon(s). Enough fun for today.

I am thankful for our amazing attorneys, who just stopped another huge U.S. Forest Service clearcutting (logging) project on the Custer-Gallatin National Forest near Red Lodge, Montana.

Happy Thanksgiving fellow living-life-to-the-fullest travelers.

5. Phillip Solesky says:

The only “why” question I have is this. Why are they letting us know all of this and now so quickly? Let’s face it, would any of us (those of us who look into these things) have ever really researched all of this on our own if they hadn’t left such obvious clues??

• daddieuhoh says:

It’s a good question, Phil. Almost makes you feel like we’re being misdirected on a grand scale. Who knows?

• renaissauce says:

I thought the same but the theory that there has been a split in Intel and there is factional warfare taking place behind the scenes could be one reason why. Like all these fake shootings that happened in the past year.. they are so painfully obvious you have to think there is somebody or some group blowing this whole thing up. Perhaps they realized they’ve gone too far with all these manufactured events and personas of the past 400 odd years and some of them want to pull human society back into reality.

Then again people are so easily fooled by this stuff they can pretty much pull these ops out in the open and only a few percentage will notice. Or perhaps they never thought MM and others would catch on as we did and now they don’t know what to do. Taking fake-ologists out would only signal to everyone else we were right. Their usual black magic tricks don’t work either since we can see through them all so I don’t know..

Or perhaps their monopoly on the world is complete and they feel confident enough to out themselves. They outclass us on every single level (financial, influence, power projection, etc.) so what do they really have to worry about?

6. marsinvirgo11 says:

It has been a very sad & lonely journey trying to inspire others to see the truth…and inspiring no one. I supplied many with evidence (MM essays, factual videos) to no avail. I finally realized that I had been playing the role of the “rescuer” in the drama triangle (trying to save the “victims” from the propaganda of the “persecutors”) and that is why I wasn’t getting anywhere. I thought in this situation that people needed to be rescued, but since I was operating from the drama triangle I was doomed for failure. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karpman_drama_triangle

If I choose to speak about this to others in the future I will use “I feel” statements about how I feel (sad, angry, hurt, afraid) about my belief that I and my fellow citizens have been propagandized and brainwashed. I will then tell them that I don’t need them to agree with me because I practice self-validated intimacy which means that I don’t need others to agree or validate me (because I validate myself) but that I have a yearning to connect – communicate – be heard, and that I will be talking to people about things that I am passionate about, and I am just asking them to listen to me so they actually know who I am on a deep level. I think it may actually help to inspire people to search for the truth, as then they won’t feel as if I am trying to “rescue” or “change” them, and may set the stage for them actually to simply listen to what I am saying instead of feeling the need to respond to it.

Here is a pretty good explanation of what self-validated intimacy is. Not surprisingly, there is not anything on wikipedia about it, likely because it is one of the secrets of a joyful life. https://courageandchoice.wordpress.com/tag/self-validation/

Real intimacy, on the other hand, is much much more courageous and daring. It hinges on our ability to courageously self-disclose, as well as our ability to courageously face and confront ourselves honestly and deeply and call ourselves on our own shite or weaknesses or issues, as well as our capacity to soothe our own hurts and negative emotions. Real intimacy sounds like this: “I love you. And that means that I don’t expect you to agree with me or to validate and reinforce and support me—you weren’t put on this earth to orbit around me and to pander to my insecurities and fears and anxieties and neuroticisms and my every little want. I want you to really love me; but you can’t really do that if you don’t deeply know me—or if you’re not capable of deeply knowing me (or any human being)—or if I shade the truth about who I am and what I’m really thinking and feeling and wanting. I don’t want to be rejected by you, in fact in many ways it may be easier for me to reject you first before you potentially reject me, but that’s a dishonest and cowardly way to live and to avoid dealing with my deeper fears and insecurities and issues. So instead I’d rather face the possibility of showing you who I really am and having you reject me for it than I would live a lie and be loved for someone I’m not by showing you only the familiar and easy to accept parts of myself. if I’m ever to be truly loved and accepted by you and feel secure in this relationship, it’s high time I bare myself to you and confront my own mortality and separateness. I want to know and be known by you. One day when we’re no longer on this earth, I want to know that you actually knew me and got me.”

Real intimacy hinges on our capacity to stand on our own emotionally and to support and soothe ourselves and validate ourselves (self-validate) rather than “trusting” our partner to make us feel safe and accepted (to create and hold a “safe space” open for us).

7. marsinvirgo11 says:

Here is a more succinct articulation of self-validated intimacy from David Schnarch:

Self-Validated Intimacy involves providing support for yourself while letting yourself be known:
    “I don’t expect you to agree with me; you weren’t put on the face of the earth to validate and reinforce me. But I want you to love me – and you can’t really do that if you don’t know me. I don’t want your rejection – but I must face that possibility if I am ever to feel accepted or secure with you. It’s time to show myself to you and confront my separateness and mortality. One day when we are no longer together on this earth, I want to know you KNEW me” (Schnarch 2009, 107).

8. lux says:

Talk to people who want to know. Don’t talk to people who don’t.

9. Inside Baseball says:

It’s generally a good idea to let family be family as much as possible. If the PTB ever succeed in breaking the core familial bonds down completely we will be in terrible shape. Having mothers who still love and believe in their axe murdering son’s innocence is infinitely better than an ideological basis for family. We need a place of refuge no matter how far off the reservation we wander.

Genuine conservatism, as opposed to the phoney, war mongering Fox news caricature, is based on maintaining familial and tribal bonds of affection. It’s not that far removed from the hippie far left in some respects. As a friend mentioned about the Iraq war, “all the real conservatives and liberals are against it, and all the phonies are for it.”

It’s very hard seeing people you love being swept up in the tide of this stuff. I think planting little seeds that will stick in their minds is the way to go.

10. calgacus says:

Do not cast pearls before the swine. To achieve a high level of “conspiracy ” understanding or truth, a person must be developed in some or most of this things: intelligence, emotional level, empathy, knowledge, life experience, intuition, curiosity etc. You can say that even luck plays an important role, but most likely the luck favors those who work very hard to find answers and those that put the right questions. Things discussed here cannot be handled by 99% of the population (I believe I am generous). So before you discuss conspiracy you must take in consideration that your friend or friends are not ready for high level conspiracy and may never be. If you see potential you may proceed with baby steps. MM papers can be too much especially the ones from this year.

In the end I believe this is beyond conspiracy. When I find about various world deceptions, my personal philosophy is changed. This is not just a hobby that I do for fun, but there is both comedy and tragedy in these matters. This is a personal journey that must be taken individually. Many people here passed through various gatekeepers and their journey can be compared to the labors of Hercules. The best thing people can do is to leave some signs along the way in order to help people that undergo a similar journey.

11. Brandon says:

Discussing these topics with other folks who actually believe in “fakeness” is difficult enough!
    Even in a community such as ours, people get defensive of their own views and opinions, and arguments /disagreements are common.
    Its a lot to ask to lay out a succinct argument in a family setting, and to legitimately expect to have an open-minded discussion about this stuff with “Uncle Bill.”
    When uncle bill gets curious about these topics on his own, sites like this one, or MM’s will hopefully still be out there.

12. Negentropic says:

It’s not about waking up “the masses,” it’s about waking up leaders, the few thousand or so high-IQ creative minorities who insist on knowing the truth in order to engage in the win-win dialectic of all progress and civilization but have been misled by the high-IQ con-artistry of those who insist on knowing the truth so that they can lie better and win while others lose (the win-lose dialectic of the parasite). The job of the “truther” is to be the spiritual bodyguard of these rare individuals whose creativity requires a high-level of honesty but whose cunning (conning) is not sufficiently developed enough to keep their creations from being conned and stolen from them by imposters-pretending-to-be-friends who then use the leverage of these technologies to expand tyranny and privilege through initiated force against the individual for yet another elite minority of super-parasite oligarchs. The democracy racket, which is little more than the dictatorship of the monopoly-mass-media-controlled lowest-common-denominator majority over the smallest minority of hue-man, the individual, has to be dismantled first, before any work on a “progressive society” where free-choice is inalienable can properly begin and not have a thousand-&-one unnecessary “collective pressure group” hurdles to jump.

You have to be the change you want to see in others. You have to be a “badass” as the slang expression goes, both mentally and physically. someone they look up to, a person who is invaluable to them. For example, if you have a good relationship with your spouse, they might be temporarily “congnitive-dissonanced” and not agree but they certainly will not leave you or refuse to associate with you if you tell them 9/11 was done through media fakery or that the holohoax is a fraud. Because they love you as a person due to all the other things you have done for them they value you for, they will usually change their own views to a significant degree than destroy their own “good thing,” even if not as fully as you have done.

Now expand that from your spouse to your kids or other friends and acquaintances who may or may not become friends. Make yourself invaluable to them on one level or another, then, always with a sense of humor and in good spirits in the tradition of good salesmen, nudge them towards the truths you know, a little flash of light every time you meet. T-root know-ledge to illuminate the de-toxify the branches of be-leaf. After a few months to a year, all the flashes of light will illuminate a significant section of their minds, because they come from a person they respect and want to be more like, a mental and physical force of nature, rather than some drunken retard playing on the internet, or some “successful person” who has managed to gather lots more symbols of energy (mono-eye) than them, symbols not necessarily productively or creatively earned in a usured and counterfeited, completely rigged and toxic from the roots up, elite Jew-&-freemason-ruled society,

Complete List of Rothschild Controlled Banks

In short: learn to relax, enjoy life and be a good dancer first before spinning around in circles, stepping on people’s toes and bumping into walls, and you will accomplish much more with a few gentle nudges of calibrated rhetoric than a whole circus of Alex Jonses yelling and screaming and fear-mongering. As always, it’s never about quantity but quality. It’s not an easy task but if we don’t do it, nobody else will. We are the people who have the knowledge to take it to the next level, the level of the ubermensch.

Use mental leverage (c-lever-ness, conceptual levers) to work smart rather than “hard” at anything and everything you do; find the leverage in every aspect of your life, even in the simplest tasks like walking (yes, most people do not even know how to walk naturally and with maximum leverage! lol) and it will become such a habit that even in the toughest situations you will only act with maximum leverage and the least amount of wasted energy. At that point, you will have followers who want to learn by observing you, trying to determine how you came to perfectly fashion your will into the character you display today.

“This diary proves a tremendous, all-engulfing craving for truth, since to write it I risk destroying the whole edifice of my illusions, all the gifts I made, all that I created and protected, everyone whom I saved from the truth. What does the world need? The illusion I have in life or the truth I give in writing? When I went about dreaming of satisfying people’s dreams, satisfying their hunger for illusion, didn’t I know that this was the most painful and the most insatiable hunger? What impels me now to offer truth in place of illusion?” — Anaïs Nin

“As yet only the few are conscious of the extent to which the course of the historic process is a phenomenon resembling that of counterpoint in music. Just because the masses have triumphed to an unheard of degree for the time being, we are approaching a decidedly aristocratic epoch. Just because quantity alone is the decisive factor to-day, the qualitative will soon mean more than ever before. Just because the mass appears to be everything, all great decisions will soon be taken within the smallest circle. They, and they alone, as the Ark during the Flood, are the safeguards of the future.

For this reason we who are spiritual should consciously assume the counterpoint attitude to everything which is going on to-day. Let the culture of making-all-things-easy overspread the earth like a flood. An age whose day is past is being drowned in the deluge. We will not even try to stem the tide. Let us recognize the fact that for a long time to come everything within view, and in the first instance the state, will have to serve the process of liquidation. But at the same time let us remain proudly conscious of this other fact: that to-day everything depends on those who keep aloof, who are officially inconspicuous and not in view of the many. All the future is theirs.” ~ Count Hermann Graf Keyserling

“A man far oftener appears to have a decided character from persistently following his temperament than from persistently following his principles.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche, “Human, All Too Human”

“I think the warning labels on alcoholic beverages are too bland. They should be more vivid. Here is one I would suggest: ‘Alcohol will turn you into the same asshole your father was.’ ― George Carlin, a cocaine addicted comedian who used to make 200,000 a year as an establishment-ass-kissing night-club act with his own private jet even before he grew his hair out and decided to declare his solidarity with the “hippies” when it became safe to do so in the early 1970s.

“If you want to understand a society, take a good look at the drugs it uses. And what can this tell you about American culture? Well, look at the drugs we use. Except for pharmaceutical poison, there are essentially only two drugs that Western civilization tolerates: Caffeine from Monday to Friday to energize you enough to make you a productive member of society, and alcohol from Friday to Monday to keep you too stupid to figure out the prison that you are living in.”
    ― Bill Hicks (a hypocrite, just like the other leftie icon Carlin, who smoked himself to death on nicotine, when if he had chain-smoked anti-inflammatory Cannabis instead, he’d still be alive with the 100% full-capacity lungs of an 18 year old)

“Every game is composed of 2 parts: an outer game and an inner game. Neither mastery nor satisfaction can be found in the playing of any game without giving some attention to the relatively neglected skills of the inner game. This is the game that takes place in the mind of the player and it is played against such obstacles as lapses in concentration, nervousness, self-doubt, self-condemnation, in short, it is played to overcome all habits of mind which inhibit excellence in performance.” — W. Timothy Gallwey,

“The art of living is based on rhythm — on give and take, ebb and flow, light and dark, life and death. By acceptance of all aspects of life, good and bad, right and wrong, yours and mine, the static, defensive life, which is what most people are cursed with, is converted into a dance, ‘the dance of life,’ metamorphosis. One can dance to sorrow or to joy; one can even dance abstractly. … But the point is that, by the mere act of dancing, the elements which compose it are transformed; the dance is an end in itself, just like life. The acceptance of the situation, any situation, brings about a flow, a rhythmic impulse towards self-expression. To relax is, of course, the first thing a dancer has to learn. It is also the first thing a patient has to learn when he confronts the analyst. It is the first thing anyone has to learn in order to live. It is extremely difficult, because it means surrender, full surrender.” — Henry Miller

“Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.” ~ Socrates

“As nature has uncovered from under this hard shell the seed for which she most tenderly cares – the propensity and vocation to free thinking – this gradually works back upon the character of the people, who thereby gradually become capable of managing freedom; finally, it affects the principles of government, which finds it to its advantage to treat men, who are now more than machines, in accordance with their dignity.” ― Immanuel Kant, “An Answer to the Question: What Is Enlightenment?”

13. Phillip Solesky says:

No shit about George Carlin. Talk about controlled “opposition”.

14. Pingback: Let’s talk turkey  | Fakeologist.com

15. calgacus says:

The allegory of the man who tries to spread the truth and the man who refuses to see the evidence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-MVMbm6c0k