Trying to understand the Columbine “Massacre” is like searching for a lost contact lens in a pile of manure. Every now and then I need to lift my head and breathe some air.
Yesterday’s piece, Part Three, was done just to get all of that annoying interfering extraneous material out of the way so I could move forward describing the real fake massacre. The event is so large and penetrated so deep into our consciousness that I doubt I will ever completely unravel it – too many people, too much planning and deceit from too many quarters.
Here are the people and agencies that were involved, probably just a partial list:
- Columbine High School administrators and teachers.
- Columbine High School students.
- Parents of Columbine High School Students.
- The Denver media, including television, radio, and newspapers.
- The national news media, all the usual suspects.
- The Federal and local judicial branches.
- The Denver Police Department.
- The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department.
- The Jefferson County School District.
- The medical community including local hospitals and emergency response units.
- The FBI. (duh.)
- Unnamed agents in basement offices in various places around the country, some of whom will read this and smile contentedly at their sociopathic accomplishments.
- Oh, and before I forget, Ted Talks, National Geographic and all those other “documentaries” assembled and disseminated on YouTube (which is, after Facebook, the largest disseminator of propaganda on the Internet).
So I need to step back, take a breather. So much is already written and unpublished that I can do this. It just needs fine-tuning and polishing. In the meantime I will need to make another trip to the Denver Public Library Western History Room, where they keep phone books and city directories and other public records of the era.
“I see too deep and too much.” It seems to be for no reason. It sets me apart from others. The other writers and our regular commenters know this feeling of futility. If I let go of only a little of what I see in polite company, anger is returned, even hostility. How dare I!
I am surrounded by so many shells, the inside turned into automatons, going through the motions, arguing incessantly about matters that by design have no resolution. Are you a Democrat? Well, meet your companion, a Republican. Have at it. Fight each other. Forget that you are looking in a mirror.
Propaganda turns a human into a shell; it encases that person in a protective barrier. I always know when someone’s has been brainwashed, as they greet new and unfamiliar information with anger. They cannot bring themselves to confront any familiar belief with an unfamiliar explanation. Propaganda, as Ellul reminded us, is a security blanket. People are not victims – they literally need it to feel all right. Columbine will unravel itself to a large degree, but the unraveling will only reach a few. For the rest, it is fixed history.
Just waxing philosophic here as I back away for a few days to gather my senses and reconnect with real humans. Part Four begins the actual fake massacre, Natural Born Killers.
Please add your two bits to mine, as readers here also see deeper and too much. You know what I am feeling.