The above video is a debate between Craig Idso and Jeffrey Bennett on climate change. Idso has a PhD in geography and runs the website Center for Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change. Typical of our corrupt times, trying to find that web page on the Google leads to a host of other sites that attack it, beginning with the DeSmogBlog, which has a long list of people whose character and intelligence it impugns. I recently asked the proprietors at Desmog to put me on their list, as even though I am but a lowly retired CPA, I want to be in the good company of the people they demean. No response.
Bennett is an astrophysicist. My cynical self says that he is merely stepping out of one corrupt field of science, astrophysics, and into another, the Climate Change Hoax. But I wanted to view this forum and hear the exchange, as it was a formal debate with rules, time limits, and a professional moderator. The only reason I am putting it up here is because if you take the time to go to 39:00 and listen to Bennett for maybe three minutes, you will hear him insult Idso’s character and integrity. Were it me, I would have reacted by calling Bennett out, making him name names, exposing his agenda and accusing him of lies. But Idso knows that such tactics on a public forum ultimately cost the larger points he was making. He stood tall, and did not stoop down to where Bennett was luring him. To his credit, Idso behaved as a man of integrity.
We are leaving on a long trip tomorrow, and the blog will be quiet for a while unless our other writers chime in. I say that with good will towards them, as they are busy men with active lives. Few can sit down and churn it out the way I do. (This blog started in 2006, run by me and my son. He quickly realized he could not keep it up while I could, and it became mine alone.) If I stumble on something that might be of interest as we hike the Italian Dolomites and then relax on the Amalfi Coast, I will chime in. Otherwise, chill, use the comments for fun, introduce new subjects, and enjoy this blog for your own.
After viewing the above video, I wanted out of the Climate Change Hoax. I am so sick and tired of lies and the lying liars who are telling them that I want to wall off the whole debate and never think about it again. It is a massive propaganda campaign, and meant to stick. By and large, the public doesn’t care about it, as we look around and see that things are as they have always been. But government officials, the UN and its IPCCC, academia, the schools, the media and entertainment industry are all on board. It seems overwhelming, and the ultimate agenda, as I will attempt to describe below, is dark. These are not scientists, public servants, or seekers of truth. They are charlatans on a prescribed mission, its paid followers knowing to go along to get along. Who is doing the prescribing? In the Climategate emails, Michael Mann called them “our closeted friends.”
Who is running this show? I don’t know, other than it is not Al Gore, the pot-smoking gentleman’s C-student who earned a D in the only science course he ever took at Harvard. He’s just an actor, not as good as his roommate Tommy Lee Jones, but good anyway. The forces behind the Climate Change Hoax are so powerful and embedded that they have insinuated the agenda into every aspect of our lives, and are promoting real policies that will do real harm, despite public indifference to the alleged threat.
At age 69 I sometimes think, since I am on the downhill side of my life, that it will be a relief to get off this crazy effing planet. There’s no end to the deceit and corruption. All I want is some distance from it, to smell the flowers and clean air, to be around good people and to stop caring about things I cannot control.
I have thought about our history, and previous lying campaigns that have been carried on. Here are but a few:
- McCarthyism: Before my time, that is, I was alive but just a kid. I read about it later. Reputations were besmirched, good people attacked by evil people. A hoax was advanced, that there was such a thing as “communism,” that it was insidious and dangerous and carried out by people in disguise. It planted in most of the American public a distrust, and created a deep divide in the population. That was perhaps its overarching goal … that and to leave a foul odor across the landscape. The people behind it were ruthless, dishonest, and corrupt.
- The JFK Assassination: A fake event, to be sure, but to what end? Certainly the people behind it meant to traumatize us, but again, to what end? It left us in grief and sorrow, with millions of school children, including me, going to bed and crying ourselves to sleep. It was insidious propaganda, trauma-based mind control, and was followed by yet another psyop meant to capitalize on our pent-up grief …
- The Beatles. We’ve written enough here about these four kids who were hyped on the world stage, and then taken behind closed doors to pretend to write music they did not write playing instruments they could not play. It was done in part, from appearances, to advance feminization of men, use of drugs (especially LSD), and to create a divide between children and parents. In the end we were given another fake assassination, John Lennon, built up as a charismatic leader wanting peace, but in fact a low and vulgar man of little talent, just an actor.
- AIDS: Again, promoted knowingly by some, like Richard Gallo, the false science behind it centered on a harmless virus that might not even exist but that was said to be dangerous and contagious. It is hard to know the true objectives here, but Bill Gates was hired to run with this “disease” and use it as part of a genocidal campaign on Africans, while at home it put a wedge between men and women, creating distrust and animosity. Again, the people behind it, including Gallo and Gates, appear vile and low, though we cannot know if in their heart of hearts they regard their mission as noble. Humans are capable of infinite self-deceit.
- Climate Change: Here again, the target is, at least in part, Africans, or let’s just say, brown and black people, as large parts of South America and Asia too are harmed too. Oil, gas and coal gave us our wealth. The people behind the Climate Change Hoax, which would include Bennett above, apparently do not want the poorer people of that continent to even have a basic commodity like readily available electricity. (They are willing to give them solar panels.) They are ruthless in advancing their lies, getting men and women fired, scientific papers quashed, censoring the media so that honest people no longer have access to any forum save lowly blogs and YouTube videos. Bill Nye, “The Science Guy,” even advocates the hoosegow for people who don’t go along with the hoax.
The Climate Change Skeptics are, as I have been exposed to them these past months, honest people of good will and intelligence. There seems to be no place for them in this ungodly corrupted environment.
So that is where I am at right now, in a place where the power we are up against seems overwhelming. I am, of course, just a lowly blogger, but I have seen people of high intelligence and character besmirched by the likes of Bennett above, and want no more of it. I hope to use this trip to recharge, find some new energy and direction. I hope not to think about the scoundrels who abound on this planet, and focus, as we always do on these trips, on the people we meet on the trails in and the huts and refugios. People who are out there traipsing the mountains with us seem to be a different breed, easy to engage, easy to like.
That’s where I want to be.